Billing and Insurance
Billing Contact Information:
We have partnered with Inspire Medical Billing to address all billing questions. For 24-hour customer service, please call 312-477-2900.You may also reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any billing-related inquiries
Insurance Billing and Payment
- The Diamond Headache Clinic and Purath Headache & Neurology accepts most major PPO/POS insurances such as Aetna, Blue Cross & Blue Shield (BCBS), Cigna, Humana, United Healthcare, etc. We do accept Medicare, but we do not accept HMO, Medicaid or third-party liability insurance. Please contact your insurance company for eligibility and benefits prior to contacting us.
- The Diamond Headache Clinic and Purath Headache & Neurology will bill your out-of-network insurance company for your initial office visit only. Any co-pays and/or deductibles are due at the time of service. We DO NOT bill insurance companies for follow-up visits unless we are contracted with them or you have Medicare. Although eligibility has been checked with your insurance company prior to your office visit, this is NOT a guarantee of payment. Your insurance company determines benefits once the claim has been received and reviewed.
- If your insurance company was billed and payment is not received within 45 days, the balance will become the patient’s responsibility. This office cannot accept responsibility for collecting your insurance claim or for negotiating a settlement on a disputed claim. Any portion of a bill not paid, or denied, by the insurance carrier will be the patient’s responsibility.
- If you have Medicare and a supplemental or secondary insurance carrier, please call Medicare and advise them of your secondary or supplemental information. Medicare will bill your secondary carrier for you.
- We DO NOT bill secondary insurance carriers unless Medicare is your secondary insurance or we are contracted with the secondary insurance carrier. Use the Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from your primary insurance carrier to bill your secondary insurance and attach any appropriate documentation (i.e., statement from the Diamond Headache Clinic and Purath Headache & Neurology).
- Upon receipt of payment from your insurance company, you will receive a statement from us showing your balance due. Payment is expected within fourteen (14) days. For your convenience, we accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. You can also apply for Care Credit, which offers interest-free, low monthly payments if you qualify. Please contact our office for information.
- If payment IN FULL is not received, you may be charged a $15 re-billing fee each time we issue you a statement on an outstanding balance over 30 days.
- If your bill is not paid and is transferred to our professional collection agency, then your information, which may include but is not limited to, your name, address, phone number, social security number, employment and employment phone number, will be provided to the collection agency. You will be charged an additional 25% of your outstanding balance as well as any related court costs and attorney fees.
- If your insurance company requests a claim form, fill out your portion of the form and attach a copy of your itemized statement provided by our office. A physician’s signature is not required. It is not necessary for our office to fill out the “Attending Physician’s” portion of the claim. The statement is authentication in itself.
- You must inform our office if you have a new insurance carrier or if the insurance carrier has relocated to a new address. Please send us a copy of the front and back of your new insurance card so we can update our records. Failure to do so may result in delayed claims and/or responsibility for unpaid claims.
- Please note that this office does not accept HMO, Medicaid, Workers’/Workman’s Compensation or any forms of public aid.
Medical Records Requests
Please be aware that if you request medical forms, this service will be completed in the order it was receieved and can take up to 4 weeks for completion.
Initial Office Visit Fees
The cost of the basic initial visit, which includes a neurological examination, ranges between $350 and $500.
Appointment Cancellation Fee
If you are unable to attend your scheduled appointment, please notify our office at least 24 hours in advance. Failure to do so will result in a cancellation fee of $75 for new patient appointments and $35 for returning patient appointments.
Diamond Headache Clinic and Purath Headache & Neurology reserves the right to change its fees at any time without prior notice.